Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blind, leggy, or zombiebald? A choose your own adventure

I met this dog at the shelter yesterday. I've got to tell you, he was really nice. If my dogs were more in the way of calm, peaceful things, I'd probably consider fostering him. (You know how that would end, right? Elderly blind dogs are so highly desirable among the adoptive populace. By the time I finally found the right sucker -- uh, um, wait, I mean "extremely caring and loving adopter" -- Deek would already be part of the family.)

I like this guy, too. Almost looks like a greyhound mix, in person. Very nice dog.

It's too cold outside to take this puppy on a proper walk. He needs a sweater. Maybe he can borrow one of my son's. :)

Finley's face cancer has healed into a round scar that looks nothing like ringworm or face cancer but is extremely conspicuously bald. He has such thin hair on his head and face that any scrape or scratch, such as the kind he receives 2387609788 times a day during his and Tuni's rock em sock em play sessions, produces a bald area, making him look oddly patchy. The quarter-sized pink spot on the side of his big earless head adds to the whole zombie-chic look, I guess. If zombies are your thing...

No comments: