Thursday, December 4, 2008

Slackeriffic, that's me

Oh my goodness, I have been slacking on the blog. I have all these half-finished posts written up, and then I never get around to posting them. And believe me, it's not for lack of funny anecdotes. That dog is hilarious.

In the past week we had a vacation, puppysat, went to Thanksgiving dinner, I picked up another litter of mom and kittens from the shelter, and I placed my first momcat in a great home.

I have in my house what any "normal" person would consider an unfathomable number of cats. I mean, we are way past everyday crazy cat lady territory and into call the state and bring the white coats territory. The thing is, although I can't imagine life without cats, I'm not even sure I like them all that much. Oh, I love them and adore them, but they're a pain in the ass. They've got no concept of the rules and they break all my stuff. So why do I have fifteen of them right now?!?!? Does it make a difference that ten are fosters, most of those are kittens, and they're all sequestered in their own rooms and crates? Do you know how much litter and food we go through in one week?!?

Oh, and it's definitely ringworm, for the record. He's got another spot on his leg. Well... getting that out of my house, that's going to be fun. Let's hope some of my guys are resistant to it. *sigh*

Would you be able to send this squidgy little guy to the euthanasia room? I don't think so!

2 comments:

Cavewoman said...

Well, he may be little and squidgy, but he's got a nice set of meat hooks.

Laurie said...

Those little claws were seriously overgrown!

My hands were shaking so hard when I was clipping them; I was so afraid of cutting his tiny little toes and accidentally declawing him with a nail clipper...