Monday, November 10, 2008

Hair like Medusa

Last week, Finley chewed up one of my hairbrushes. Undaunted, I pulled out the second brush, and used that one instead. Yesterday, he chewed that one into tiny wooden splinters too. You know what I had to use to brush my hair this morning? The teeny tiny plastic comb that came in the baby toiletry set that we received at our son's baby shower.

Clearly he wants my hair to look tangled and ugly. But why?!? Why do you want to me look ugly, Finley?!?

Note to self: pick up more doggy chew toys soon.

In other news, I took this extremely telling picture this morning. Polly was, in her own special dysfunctional way, attempting to solicit play from Finley. When it failed to work, they ran in to the kitchen in anticipation of breakfast.


His face completely illustrates the emotions Polly inspires in other dogs. Shall we zoom way in?

"Run away! Keep an eye on that one, but avoid eye contact at all costs. She's crazy. Look small. Look small! Get away before she notices me again!"





Poor Polly. She has good intentions, and she wants to be friends with other dogs so badly, but she honestly has no clue how to interact normally with them. Poooooooor dogs'o'mine!

No comments: