Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baby face, you've got the cutest little baby face

Ever since we bought our house, I've been getting more involved with volunteering and fostering for PACCA/PAWS, the city shelter from which we adopted Finley. Not a ton of stuff: I've fostered some momcats and their nursing babies, taken in some sick orphans, done a few transports, gone to one or two events, donated some dog treats, that kind of thing. I'd like to do more, but with a toddler and three resident dogs of my own, I'm limited in the amount of time I can spend on things like that.

What I'd really like to do is foster some behaviorally challenged dogs, because those are my favorite of all. The fear biters and the reactive freaks and the avoidant shy dogs, I can work with those. Oh, let's face it. Without a constant challenge, I get so bored. I need difficult dogs to keep ME engaged.

But with the other responsibilities on my plate, it's not fair for me to take on a foster dog, even an easy one. I just don't have the time to dedicate to that. Plus, Queen Bitch Polly does not particularly appreciate strange dogs, and meeting them stresses her out, and that's just not fair to her.

Enter my solution: the short term puppysitting foster! Look at this thing! Oh my gosh! So cute! I am just watching him for a few days, until his real foster mom comes back from Thanksgiving. Tuni is enthralled. Polly is intrigued, Finley is being bullied BY A THREE MONTH OLD, and is loving every second of it! I haven't seen him look that happy in ages!

Poor silly marshmallow of a dog! Getting pushed around by a baby! Hee hee hee hee hee!

Note: I've been taking the pup out every hour or so, and he hasn't pooped or peed in the house even once yet, but he HAS tried to rip up and eat the carpet. Mmm, carpet! Yummy.

No comments: