Sunday, January 4, 2009

Canine Genius

Yesterday, I was down in the basement working out on my treadmill, while my husband puttered around with a play kitchen he's been making for our son. (It's almost done, and it is so, so awesome, for the record.) Tuni was downstairs with us, and Finley was upstairs, alone, for about an hour.

(Finley has, as of late -- by which I mean in the past two days -- induced a cat-chasing riot, chewed the USB cable for my camera, chewed my favorite hat, and chewed a plastic pitcher. And when I say "chew," I don't mean "put some dents in." I mean, "unrecognizable bits of plastic here and there." I would have kept him in the basement with us, but he kept trying to bite the treadmill while I was running.)

My little dude was ready for his nap, so I stopped running and we all came upstairs. Lo and behold, when we got to the bedroom, our son's potty was sitting in the middle of the floor, filled with pee. Dog pee. Because Finley, when he had to go and we weren't around to let him out, went up to the bedroom and peed in the potty.

o_O

In the words of the great Dave Barry, I am not making this up. I'd have taken a picture to show you all, but since someone chowed down on the USB cable, you'll just have to trust me. :)

4 comments:

doberkim said...

i dont think thats what people mean when they say housebreak :)

*makes sure a certain blue dobe never learns this is possible*

Kristen said...

OMG! That's ridiculous! I'm dying laughing

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! This is amazing. I love Finley!

Philly Foster Mom said...

I am stunned that Finley peed in the potty! My boyfriend and I are such fans of his and this def. takes the cake.